Thursday, February 4th at 6:00pm
TOPIC: African Americans & COVID Vaccination in Pinellas County – Why More of Us Are Reluctant & What You Should Know
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
This Zoom Panel & Open Mic Dialogue is on the timely and urgent topic of African Americans’ aversion to COVID vaccination. Learn about facts vs fears and myths re COVID vaccination for African Americans as one of the hardest-hit communities.
Invited panelists include:
- Carl Lavender, Jr., Foundation for a Healthy St. Pete
- Watson Haynes, Pinellas County Health Equity Council
- Dr. Nichelle Threadgill, Community Health Centers of Pinellas
- Dr. Shameka Jones, Florida Blue
- Ulyee Choe, Pinellas County Health Department.
Hear the latest data rolling in from across the country, on African Americans’ reluctance and resistance to vaccination, and find out when you can be vaccinated as well as facts on the effectiveness and side effects of vaccines.
Thursday, February 25th at 6:00pm
TOPIC: Black-Owned Businesses in St. Petersburg – Past, Present & Future
ONECOMM WILL CREATE RSVP LINK (a Zoom link and passcode will be emailed to you after you RSVP).
Purposefully timed for Black History Month, this Zoom Panel & Open Mic Dialogue will unveil a new study by The 2020/One Community team. The study will feature a narrative timeline of black entrepreneurship (from the year 1870 to the present), along with time-phased data maps that illustrate the number and strength of black-owned firms over five decades, and major trends in their industry grouping and size. The Dialogue is co-hosted by 2020/One Community, the City of St. Petersburg Urban Affairs division, Tampa Bay Black Business Investment Corporation, the Florida SBDC at Pinellas County, the St. Petersburg Greenhouse, Pinellas County Urban League, and Foundation for a Healthy St. Petersburg.
Invited panelists & discussants include:
- Carl Lavender, Jr. (as emcee), Foundation for a Healthy St. Pete
- Gypsy Gallardo, 2020/One Community (Principal Investigator)
- April Harley, Co-Chair of the Inclusive St. Pete Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Committee
- Nikki Capehart, City Urban Affairs division
- Albert Lee, Tampa Bay Black Business Investment Corporation
- Cynthia Johnson, Florida SBDC at Pinellas County
- Chris Steinocher, St. Petersburg Area Chamber